Best and Cheap Windows Cloud Dedicated Server for Node.js® v5.1.0
What is Node.js?
As an asynchronous event driven framework, Node.js is designed to build scalable network applications. Node is similar in design to and influenced by systems like Ruby’s Event Machine or Python’s Twisted. Node takes the event model a bit further, it presents the event loop as a language construct instead of as a library. In other systems there is always a blocking call to start the event-loop.
What is New in Node.js v5.1.0?
Upgrade to Node.js v5.x if you have the ability to upgrade versions quickly and easily without distributing your environment and want to play with the latest features as they arrive.
Node.js v5 is an intermediate feature release line that is best suited for users who have an easier time upgrading their Node.js installations, such as developers using the technology for front-end toolchains. This version will be supported for a maximum of only eight months and will be continually updated with new features and better performance; it is not supported under their LTS plan.
The release cadence for v5.x will be more rapid than in the past. Expect a new release once every one to two weeks for v5.x. If upgrading is a challenge for you, Node.js suggest you do not use this release. There will be significant ongoing development. The focus is on getting the releases to users as soon as possible.
It’s another top-quality release from Node.js, and Node.js team is averaging roughly 50 unique contributors per month to the codebase. Node.js is extremely excited with all the enthusiasm and amazing work that is going into this Node.js v5 and future releases.
- buffer: The noAssert option for many buffer functions will now silently drop invalid write values rather than crashing (P.S.V.R) #3767.
- This makes the behavior match what the docs suggest.
- child_process: child.send() now properly returns a boolean like the docs suggest (Rich Trott) #3577.
- doc: All of the API docs have been re-ordered so as to read in alphabetical order (Tristian Flanagan) #3662.
- http_parser: update http-parser to 2.6.0 from 2.5.0 (James M Snell) #3569.
- Now supports the following HTTP methods: LINK, UNLINK, BIND, REBIND, UNBIND.
- Also added ACL and IPv6 Zone ID support.
- npm: upgrade npm to 3.3.12 from v3.3.6 (Rebecca Turner) #3685.
- See the release notes for v3.3.7, v3.3.8, v3.3.9, v3.3.10, v3.3.11, and v3.3.12 for more details.
- repl: The REPL no longer crashes if the persistent history file cannot be opened (Evan Lucas) #3630.
- tls: The default sessionIdContext now uses SHA1 in FIPS mode rather than MD5 (Stefan Budeanu) #3755.
- v8: Added some more useful post-mortem data (Fedor Indutny) #3779.
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal. #690
- Calling dns.setServers() while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion. #894
- url.resolve may transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435.
- Unicode characters in filesystem paths are not handled consistently across platforms or Node.js APIs. See #2088, #3401 and #3519.
Best and Cheap Windows Cloud Dedicated Server for Node.js v5.1.0
It’s a great time to be a developer. Also a confusing time. We are at a point where there are dozens of legit places that forward-thinking developers can run their apps in the cloud. My goal with this series is to help developers wade through the sea of providers and choose the right one for their situation. In this first one, I’m looking at Node.js v5.1.0. It’s the darling of the startup set and is gaining awareness among a broad of developers. It also may be the single most supported platform in the cloud. Amazing for a technology that didn’t exist just a few years ago.
Instead of visualizing the results in a giant matrix that would be impossible to read and suffer from data minimization, I’m going briefly describe 5 different Node.js v5.1.0 providers.
ASPHostPortal modular Tier-3 data center was specifically designed to be a world-class web hosting facility totally dedicated to uncompromised performance and security. From the moment your site is connected to our server and network, it is monitored for connectivity, disk, memory and CPU utilization – as well as hardware failures. Their engineers are alerted to potential issues before they become critical. They offer affordable cloud dedicated server that is suitable for your Node.js v5.1.0 application, it is started from $18.00/mo only.
Their fully configurable and flexible Cloud Solutions are perfect for tackling your next large scale online application. With helpful features to maximize performance and fully managed services from their support team, you can start creating applications without having to worry about failures or down-time. They offer affordable cloud dedicated server that is suitable for your Node.js v5.1.0 application, it is started from £35.00/mo only.
Another highly recommended host across the Web that offers affordable Node.js v5.1.0 hosting is HostForLIFE.eu. They’ve been a large contributor to the Node.js community since 2008 and know the tech industry inside and out. They offer affordable cloud dedicated server that is suitable for your Node.js v5.1.0 application, it is started from €23.00/mo only.
Another strong competitor in the Node.js v5.1.0 hosting world is DiscountService.biz. DiscountService.biz prides itself in providing web hosting with a rare combination of unmatched reliability, quality and affordability. DiscountService.biz’s edge is derived through unparalleled company management and a culture of employee driven initiatives. They offer affordable cloud dedicated server that is suitable for your Node.js v5.1.0 application, it is started from $20.00/mo only.
Yet another great Node.js v5.1.0 hosting service is WindowsASPNETHosting.IN. It’s is a premier Node.js v5.1.0 hosting platform that provides a complete technology stack for application developers. Get all the features you need to get your website online and at affordable prices with WindowsASPNETHosting.in. They offer affordable cloud dedicated server that is suitable for your Node.js v5.1.0 application, it is started from INR1200/mo only.