Best and Cheap BlogEngine.NET 3.3 Hosting With Latest ASP.NET Technology
What is BlogEngine.NET?
BlogEngine.NET is an open source ASP.NET blogging project that was born out of desire for a better blog platform. BlogEngine.NET is easily customizable. Many downloadable themes, widgets, and extensions allow you to build unique value for your customers. With BlogEngine.NET, it is easy to make your blog look and function exactly how you’d like.
BlogEngine.NET is a full-featured blogging platform that is a breeze to set up, customize, and use. BlogEngine.NET works with your choice of data source; you may use SQL Server, or you may take the plug’n’play approach using XML files.
What are the demands for the web server?
The only thing needed to run BlogEngine.NET is a web server that support ASP.NET 2.0 and write permissions on the App_Data folder.
What database is it running on?
None. BlogEngine.NET uses XML to store all posts, pages etc. by default. If you prefer to use a database, a SQL Server provider is included. You can find information about how to set up the SQL Server provider on our Wiki. For any other databases, you can write your own provider, which is very easy and simple to do.
What is New in BlogEngine.NET 3.3?
Besides usual bug fixes and small improvements, this release is all about widgets. BlogEngine started as WebForms project, with widgets implemented as user controls. WebForms were great to transition desktop developers into the web, but later became obvious that its not ideal for stateless HTTP nature of the web, and ASP.NET joined the world of MVC. Ever since BlogEngine is slowly adopting, moving to Razor views, turning admin panel into Angular/Web API application and so on. The goal is to move project 100% MVC and eventually catch up with latest ASP.NET flavor, light, portable and cross-platform. Rebuilding widgets framework is another step in this direction.
In 3.3 most of the user controls were removed and all widgets replaced with Razor views. Because it was rewrite (almost) from scratch, some of the widgets were combined and others renamed for consistency. This makes new widgets incompatible with currently used. Auto update will completely remove custom/widgets folder and replace it with new. Then blogger can go to admin/custom/widgets and drag-and-drop desired widgets to the theme zones and customize them.
What is BlogEngine.NET Benefit?
BlogEngine.NET is a blogging script like WordPress and an open source blogging project that was born out of desire for a better blog platform. A blog platform with less complexity, easy customization, and one that takes benefit of the latest .NET features.
- BlogEngine.NET includes all of the features you would expect from a modern blog engine in addition to new special features including AJAX comments and screenshot trackbacks.
- BlogEngine.NET features coComments, APML, FOAF, AJAX, SIOC, Gravatars, social bookmarks, OpenSearch support, XFN tags, tag cloud, Google sitemap and additional Web 2. 0 features.
- The referrer stats allows you to find which websites link to you, to help you follow up with comments or simply to have some fun. This feature is a realtime killer that you simply can’t live without.
- There is a variety of interesting widgets that for example an AJAX post calendar or a blogroll that instantly retrieves the newest posts from every blog and shows the title beneath the blog. Nearly all of the controls are configurable from the administration section.
- Comments are a very essential element of a blog, so BlogEngine.NET features an innovative commenting system in AJAX that supports country flags, live preview, Gravatars, coComments – all of these can easily be modified in the administration section.
- BlogEngine.NET supports syndication feeds in any possible location. You are able to find feeds on comments, categories, authors and a main feed. Both ATOM 1.0 and RSS 2.0 are completely supported.
- All outgoing links from the posts is monitored- and pinged back, which means your blog will get listed in the comments on the linked web site if it supports it. Any time a new post is produced, BlogEngine.NET instantly pings Feedburner, Ping-o-Matic, Technorati, etc.
- The search functionality of BlogEngine.NET is outstanding. It even enables the guests to search in the comments. Everything related to the search could be configured in the administration section.
- In addition to regular blog posts, BlogEngine.NET supports the creation of static pages which exist outside the blog chronology. Pages are actually useful for all kinds of information about you or your blog.
- BlogEngine.NET fully supports several authors to create posts on the same blog. Visitors are then in a position to subscribe to the personal author’s RSS feed or view only the posts from their particular preferred author.
- BlogEngine.NET is available with several pretty cool themes for you to select from. If you would like to customize or create a completely new theme you can do so quickly with just a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Each of the controls in BlogEngine.NET are 100% XHTML 1.0 compliant. All posts you produce automatically become compliant, thanks for the tinyMCE text editor.
- BlogEngine.NET is built from the ground up using only C# and ASP. NET all with ease-of-use in mind. This means that you can write new controls and themes by using the skills you already have being a. NET developer.
Best and Cheap BlogEngine.NET 3.3 Hosting
To choose hosting provider that support BlogEngine.NET 3.3 is not easy task. We highly recommend ASPHostPortal for your BlogEngine.NET 3.3 hosting partner. Not only offer cheap price, but also expert BlogEngine.NET 3.3 support team. You feel free to host your great BlogEngine.NET 3.3 site with their great BlogEngine.NET 3.3 hosting service. The following are the reasons why you should choose ASPHostPortal as your BlogEngine.NET 3.3 hosting partner.
Why ASPHostPortal is the Best and Cheap BlogEngine.NET 3.3 Hosting?
ASPHostPortal comes with eight Windows ASP.NET hosting plan, and the prices start from $1.00/mo, normally. That certainly makes ASPHostPortal the cheapest BlogEngine.NET 3.3 hosting in the field. Moreover, if there is anything wrong, customers can cancel the service, and ask their full money back within the first 30 days, according to ASPHostPortal 30 Days Money Back Guarantee.
Customer support is a backbone of any hosting company. Poor customer support can cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars. ASPHostPortal is known for good customer support. At ASPHostPortal you can get customer support by opening a ticket. If you’re active on twitter, you can also mention @ASPHostPortal with your problem and they’ll reply to your tweet as soon as possible. Apart from 24*7 customer support they have a well documented knowledge base that you can refer to solve your basic queries e.g. How to upload a website, how to create email accounts, how to install BlogEngine.NET, etc.
ASPHostPortal Windows Hosting comes with Plesk control panel. Plesk is best control panel to manage windows hosting. You can easily manage your server, email accounts with few clicks. You can instantly install over 100 applications on your website with just a few clicks. You can check everything about your website including disk space, traffic, logs & statistics and many more.
Does ASPHostPortal really give 99.99% up time? The answer is yes. ASPHostPortal Windows Hosting servers are capable enough to make your website 99.99% available. ASPHostPortal has established a world-class infrastructure making it possible to guarantee such a high uptime percentage. Of course there is always the possibility that some factor beyond the control of the ASPHostPortal Company will result in more downtime. Fortunately, this does not occur too often. Upgrades and maintenance downtime are acceptable and do not impact the uptime guarantee.