Best and Cheap Moodle 3.1.3 Hosting
What is Moodle?
Moodle (Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is a free open-source learning management system or e-Learning platform, that serves educators and learners across the globe. It is the most widely used LMS in the world and currently has over 68 million users world-wide (and growing!). Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments.
What is New in Moodle 3.1.3?
- MDL-56022 – Assignment: Allow to bulk download students submissions in separate folders to avoid file renaming confirmations
- MDL-46946 – Prompt users to complete required custom user profile fields before allowing them to use the site
- MDL-43796 – Assignment: When importing an assignment with blind marking into another course never reveal identities
- MDL-52051 – Migrate to Dropbox API v2
- MDL-55602 – Sessions: Add support for Redis as a session_class_handler
A number of security related issues were resolved. Details of these issues will be released after a period of approximately one week to allow system administrators to safely update to the latest version.
Fixes and improvements
- MDL-47500 – SCORM: Remove blank space on top
- MDL-54852 – Assignment: Do not display “Do you want to leave this page” dialogue on PDF grading screen when changes are saved
- MDL-29332 – Allow calculated questions to have variables with case differences (usually affects upgrades from before Moodle 2.1)
- MDL-56129 – Fix video playback with iOS 10.0 and 10.1 devices (iPad / iPhone)
- MDL-29774 – When adding group members and using user search display groups of potential members
- MDL-42041 – Book: put “Turn editing on” button in a more obvious location
- MDL-56368 – Fixed alignment of settings for Restrict Access when activity titles are very long
- MDL-55858 – Remove unsubscribe link from notification email in forum with forced subscription
- MDL-45969 – PDF annotations now show the submission of the selected attempt (fixed the bug when only last attempt was shown)
- MDL-55505 – Assignment: Fixed bug when editing grades for previous submission attempts overwrites existing grades
- MDL-56328 – Bootstrapbase Themes – reduce section activity indent when not editing
Best and Cheap Moodle 3.1.3 Hosting Providers
We have reviewed more than 100 web hosting companies and found that ASPHostPortal.com, UKWindowsHostASP.NET and DiscountService.biz are the best, each of which has been selected in the collection of top 3 web hosting providers. In below, we have made a table to list their main highlights and written a review to explain why they are the best.
Cheap Moodle 3.1.3 Hosting US – ASPHostPortal.com
Having been in the industry for many years, ASPHostPortal.com has been followed by a large amount of webmasters all over the world. To ensure reliable and fast hosting service, this company equips its data centers with high quality Dell servers and armed security. In addition, this company utilizes Max Speed Zone technology and SSD to speed up their customers’ websites. In addition, technicians are monitoring the network and servers 24×7, guarantee customers are able to run website rapidly. Their Moodle 3.1.3 hosting plan start from $5.00/mo only.
Best Moodle 3.1.3 Hosting UK – UKWindowsHostASP.NET
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is one of the most developer-friendly web hosting providers, fully trusted by many developers. This company is famous for offering piles of useful developer-friendly features at a well-balanced price. Main features extremely for developers are Moodle 3.1.3, ASP.NET 5, PHP 5.6.x and much more.
Reliable Moodle 3.1.3 Hosting Australia – DiscountService.biz
Offering both Linux and Windows hosting services, DiscountService.biz has been voted as one of the best Windows hosting companies. To ensure Movable Type users install this software easily, DiscountService.biz offers a SimpleScript 1-click script installer, with which the software installation can be finished by just clicking the mouse a few times, within 1 minute.
Why You Should Use Moodle?
Moodle is Free
Moodle can be downloaded freely in its official site, moodle.org. Since it is an open source software, its development is revolutionary rather than evolutionary. Programmers, developers, and users around the world are working free towards the improvement of Moodle. Unlike other freewares, Moodle offers full functionality, 24/7 support in moodle.org forums, and simply best value for money because it is free.
Moodle is Easy to Use
Whether you are an administrator, educator or learner, you will find Moodle easy to use due to its graphical user interface which we are all familiar with. For example, you can include like a quiz in a given topic by choosing from the list of activities under the activity menu. Not to mention the icons specifically created to understand better the nuances of course creation under the Moodle environment. The eye icon hides and unhides a particular resource or activity. The up icon moves a resource or activity within the lesson up. It means you don’t have to be a programmer in order for you to use it but you need to invest some time in order for you to familiarize and get the hang of navigating yourself in the Moodle environment.
Moodle is Intuitive
Due to its ease of use, many of its functions are geared toward student learning thus Moodle was designed with educators in mind. With the vast array of options to enhance learning, teachers find it very helpful.
Moodle is Integrated
The learning resources, activities and features are modular which means it can stand alone but they are also designed to complement each other. Examples are: the default news forum can be complemented with the calendar which is offered as an optional block. Resources like text and web page can be complemented by uploading files like podcast to enhance the learning experience of your students.
Moodle is Multi-functional
The Moodle environment offers feature rich elements starting with the block elements like calendar, student activities and text upto activities like chat and forum and wikis. Since it is not exclusive unlike commercial softwares, Moodle supports operating systems like Linux and its other versions. Moodle can be used also as a project collaboration site, news website, school portal, and the list of possible uses is limited only to the users imagination.