Best and Cheap Australia WooCommerce Hosting
WooCommerce is a free eCommerce plugin that allows you to sell anything, beautifully. Built to integrate seamlessly with WordPress, WooCommerce is the world’s favorite eCommerce solution that gives both store owners and developers complete control.
With endless flexibility and access to hundreds of free and premium WordPress extensions, WooCommerce now powers 30% of all online stores — more than any other platform.
WooCommerce is for selling products and services. Specifically, it makes doing these things affordable and accessible. You can sell digital and physical products, manage inventory and shipping, take secure payments and sort taxes automatically.
WooCommerce is the best option for selling products and services on your website. It’s by far the best designed and most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress and is the most popular eCommerce solution across all websites.
Core + Extensions
So you’re interested in WooCommerce and would like to know a little bit more about the features they offer. Take a look at this list of features they have put together, and if you have any questions they haven’t covered, please get in touch.
- Built for WordPress: WooCommerce is built to integrate seamlessly with WordPress, making it the obvious eCommerce choice for existing WordPress users and connecting you to the fast-growing WordPress ecosystem.
- Sell anything, anywhere: From real products and digital downloads to subscriptions, content and even your time, you’ll be able to set up a WooCommerce store to sell worldwide (or by country, as you wish).
- Mobile friendly: WooCommerce is designed to ensure your store and products look as good on a desktop computer as they do on your customers mobile phones. You can even turn your existing WooCommerce store into a mobile app with no custom coding by using a few third party tools/services.
- Scalability: WooCommerce can scale with you as you grow your business. From selling one product to thousands, and from your first order to your millionth, WooCommerce will be able to scale and ride the wave with you.
- Own your data: Keeping your data independent of any third party software platform gives you complete control of your business and future. It’s also a safer experience for your customers, as the only person they share their personal information with is you.
- Secure code: WooCommerce is audited by Sucuri, the industry leader in plugin security, to ensure that it adheres to WordPress best practices and coding standards, and is kept secure and up-to-date.
- Worldwide community: With more than 350 contributors to WooCommerce and over 7 million downloads to date, you’ll be joining one of the fastest-growing open source communities on the web.
- Open source: WooCommerce is 100% open source which allows you to benefit from an active and growing community of contributors. With WooCommerce meetups taking place around the world now you can meet fellow WooCommerce users in real life.
- Customer support: Their dedicated support team are available and committed to helping their customers with whatever they need along the way.
- Documentation: They have comprehensive documentation covering topics like Setup, Extending, Snippets, Theming, Third-Party Plugins, Using Webhooks, WooCommerce Cookies, SSL and HTTPS.
- Free and paid extension marketplace: With over 300 free and paid extensions to choose from, you can extend your WooCommerce store with a vast number of features and integrations.
WooCommerce Core + Extensions
The combination of WordPress, WooCommerce, their WooCommerce extensions and even their other products like Sensei truly makes WooCommerce a unique and powerful offering.
- How will you customize and extend your store? Create online courses with Sensei, offer Memberships, earn more revenue through Subscriptions, or take Bookings. Explore the many integrations with leading eCommerce service providers worldwide.
- WooCommerce Core. Core is all of the features and functionality you get for free when you download WooCommerce from WordPress.org. Want to get setup and selling in next to no time? Read on to discover what’s included in the free download. Download now.
- WooCommerce extensions. Their extensions are what set WooCommerce apart! There are hundreds of free and paid extensions you can add to WooCommerce core to customize your store. Purchased product licenses include access to WooCommerce support. Browse Extensions.
Open Source + Extendable
You might be wondering if WooCommerce with WordPress is for you. Well we’re biased, but they think it is! Here are a couple of reasons developers like their platform:
- Extendable: WordPress and PHP developers will feel right at home customizing WooCommerce sites and building their own extensions, with countless actions and filters at their fingertips.
- Migrate with ease: They have set up a number of options should a client wish to migrate from an existing eCommerce platform.
- REST API: A REST API is built into WooCommerce and can easily be enabled within the WooCommerce settings in your WordPress dashboard, it works on a key system to control access linked to WordPress users on your website.
- Custom AJAX endpoints: Improved performance of frontend AJAX requests (such as add to cart and checkout) with Custom AJAX Endpoints which allows things like adding items to the cart to be around 40% faster.
- Webhook system: As part of their API they have a UI for the Webhook system. This makes it easier for 3rd party apps to instantly integrate with WooCommerce.
- GitHub: Spotted something you think they can improve? Bug need squashing? if you’re on GitHub they welcome you to get involved with contributing to the WooCommerce Repository.
Sell Anything. Beautifully.
A successful sale starts long before someone clicks buy. The journey towards the destination is vital and in the world of the web and eCommerce the look, feel and experience of navigating your products, content and site says everything.
- Modern and clean interface: WooCommerce is designed to mesh fluidly with the current trends of the default WordPress themes – keeping your store design modern and in-line with current design trends.
- Improved experience for store owners: Their admin settings are structured to be used easily on hand-held devices, offering you a superior user experience to update your store on the move.
- Integrates with WordPress content: Great brands are built on publishing and content and WooCommerce is built on WordPress which means you can integrate eCommerce seamlessly with the world’s favourite blogging platform.
EXTENSIONS (paid and free)
- Child themes: Download their free Storefront theme, or choose one of their paid child themes it you want a pre-made design.
- Theme extensions: Add functionality to the free Storefront theme using their range of paid Storefront extensions. You can also tweak the colours of your store using the free Color Customization plugin.
Intelligent Shopping UX | Cart
If a sale is the destination, the cart is the checkout queue where customers can either bail on you and abandon things in the aisles, or add more to their carts and finish strong. They have built various things into WooCommerce core that make for a slick, seamless and intelligent cart.
- Pre-installed payment gateways: Choose from five pre-installed gateways including: Direct Bank Transfer, Cheque Payment, Cash on Delivery, Credit card payments with PayPal or Credit card payment with Simplify Commerce (available for US only) which supports Hosted Payments (a PCI Compliant hosted payment platform). Drag and drop them to display your preferred order on the front-end.
- Take control of the checkout process: Enable or disable guest checkout and force secure all checkout processes on your store. Sell to specific countries, or anyone in the world and set specific page urls to handle specific actions during the checkout process.
- Set the default currency: Choose from a range of currencies as your default currency.
- Geo-location support: Built-in geolocation support (with a page caching support option) allows your store to auto-detect your customer’s address – making shipping and tax calculations simpler.
- Automatic taxes: Geolocating the “Default Customer Location” coupled with the ability to show taxes in your store based on their location allows you to show relevant prices store-wide.
- Cart behavior: Selective choose to redirect to cart page after the successful addition of a product.
- Reduce page loading: WooCommerce optionally uses AJAX on add to cart buttons, which means your store won’t need to reload each time a customer adds a product to or edits their cart.
EXTENSIONS (paid and free)
- Additional gateways: Add additional Payment Gateways to your store, enable role based payment shipping methods, use advanced rules to control the countries/states you wish to sell in and control which payment gateways and shipping methods are available during checkout. You can also choose which payment gateways to display for different countries, as determined by a customer’s address.
- Most popular? Amazon Payments, Stripe, Authorize.Net, PayPal Pro/Advanced/Express, PayFast, FirstData, Simplify Commerce and Braintree.
Wide Variety And Capacity In Product
Whatever you can think of selling, is doable through WooCommerce. As part of the free WooCommerce plugin, they make a wide range of options available and have extensions for pretty much everything under the sun when it comes to product type, and the flexibility thereof.
- Unlimited possibilities! WooCommerce can handle anything from one product to thousands with effectiveness critically dependant on the hosting solution you choose.
- Add and manage products: Quickly add products to your store, select images sizes for catalog, single product and thumbnails. Selectively enable a lightbox for product images.
- Product types: Simple Product, Grouped Product, External/Affiliate Product, Variable Product and Virtual/Downloadable Product.
- Product variables: WooCommerce lets you offer a set of variations on a product with control over prices, stock, image, and more for each variation (i.e. for a product like a shirt, you can offer a large, small, etc).
- Inventory management: You can manage your store’s inventory easily, track stock levels, hold stock for a period if an order is cancelled, receive notifications to a custom email address (for both low and out of stock items), hide out-of-stock items and more.
EXTENSIONS (paid and free)
- Additional product types available: Subscription Product, Bookable Product, Pre-Order Product, Measurement Based Product, Bundled Product, Chained Product, Composite Product, Force Sell and Add-Ons.
- Most popular? Product Add-ons, Dynamic Pricing, Product Bundles, Create groups, Variation Swatches and Photos, Min/Max quantities, Brands, Name your price, Composite Products, Product Vendors, Advanced Notifications, WooCommerce Waitlist and Pre-orders.
Flexible Shipping Options
Handwriting labels, packing boxes and making trips to the post office is part and parcel of every startup story but at some point, you need to spend your time wisely on other aspects of your business. WooCommerce makes shipping, payments, postage and international delivery easier with impressive features built into core and more available via paid and free extensions.
- Shipping Calculations: Enable shipping option choices within your store.
- Cart Calculator: You can enable a shipping calculator on the cart page.
- Shipping prices: Optionally hide shipping costs until an address is entered.
- Flexible shipping destinations: Select from shipping address and billing address or only ship to users billing address.
- Restrict sales: Restrict shipping locations by country.
- Multiple Shipping Methods: Flat rate, International Shipping, Local delivery, Local pickup or Automatic which chooses the cheapest method available. Or even offer free shipping.
- Multiple Shipping Zones: Create multiple shipping zones and add any combination of shipping methods to any single zone.
EXTENSIONS (paid and free)
- Additional shipping options available through extensions: Local Pickup Plus, Per Product, Table Rate Shipping, USPS Shipping, UPS Shipping, FedEx Shipping, Ship to multiple addresses and Role based payment/shipping methods.
- Other popular extensions: Print Invoices & Packing lists, Shipment tracking, Advanced notifications and Postcode/Address Validation.
Tax? Taken Care of
Tax for eCommerce can be a nightmare. As an online retailer, they know this. So WooCommerce core comes with built-in tax features to help storeowners get it right the first time.
- Control your taxes: Taxes are the last thing you want to think about when setting up your shop and one of the last things your customer wants to think about when buying online. So we’ve made it simple, included in core.
- Custom tax calculations: Taxes can be calculated based on your customer’s shipping address, billing address or your stores base address.
- Geo-location enabled taxes: Based on your location, WooCommerce can automatically calculate major country and state tax rates.
- Select customer address: Allow your store to select your customer’s address from either none as default, your store’s base address or by geolocating the customer’s address.
- Control tax classes: Optionally control which tax class shipping gets, or leave it so shipping tax is based on the cart items themselves.
- Control the display of taxes in your store: Select if prices are displayed in the shop excluding or including tax. Select if prices are displayed during cart and check excluding or including tax and select if tax totals are displayed itemised or totalled.
- Define tax rates: Choose from standard rates, reduced rate rates or zero tax rates.
EXTENSIONS (paid and free)
- Additional options: Use their Taxamo Integration to keep track of and handle all of your EU VAT rules to keep your shop in line with the new laws starting in 2015. You can also automate your tax with one of their extensions for TaxJar, Xero or Freshbooks.
Integrated Marketing & SEO
If only it were as simple as starting a store and the customers would come to you. Marketing is vital and WooCommerce core is bundled with features that will help you reach people, including SEO, coupons, product reviews and more. Plus there are extensions for when you’re ready to take things up a notch, like intelligent product recommendations.
- Search Engine Optimisation: WooCommerce runs on WordPress, recognised in the industry as one of the best platforms for SEO practices. Woo!
- Discount coupons and codes: Choose from fixed value or percentage off coupons. Allow for free shipping through the use of coupons and set the date a coupon should expire and can no longer be used.
- Choose the coupon type you need: Cart discount (a fixed total discount for the entire cart), cart percentage discount (a percentage discount for the entire cart), product discount (a fixed total discount for selected products only), product percentage discount (a percentage discount for selected products only).
- Product reviews: Enable or disable the ability for people to leave product reviews on your store.
- Owner verification: Choose to allow reviews from verified customers only and show a verified customer label for reviews.
EXTENSIONS (paid and free)
- Additional options: Social Media Integration, Live sales feed, Product bundles, Smart Coupons, Follow-up emails, Google product feed, Wishlists, Newsletters, Points and rewards, Sell Products via Facebook, Cart notices, Cart Add-ons and One-page checkout.
Built-in Analytics & Reporting
Love to crunch the numbers? Google Analytics makes a lot possible but we’ve included some basic reporting and analysis capability in core to help you understand how your customers are faring. They also have a growing number of integrations with leading 3rd party services.
- Reporting: Sales reports can show both net and gross amounts you’ve earned. We’ve added a print stylesheet, and added extra data on refunds to reports.
- Dashboard: We’ve worked hard to make the storeowner dashboard helpful. It includes sales orders, traffic and an at-a-glance status summary window.
- Analyse products and orders: Gain insight into your products and orders. Track sales and growth trends.
EXTENSIONS (paid and free)
- Additional options: EU VAT Rules, Cost of goods, Cart reports, SMS notifications, Customer history, Sales report emails, Anti-fraud, Coupon Campaigns and Recommendations.
- 3rd party service integrations: Zapier, Google Analytics, KissMetrics and Mixpanel.
Better CRM | Store Management
There are a number of features built into WooCommerce core that make managing relationships with your customers easier. Much more is possible with extensions, so that you can have the best CRM under the sun and invest your time in the right direction (i.e. not needless admin and processes).
- Control customer account registration: Choose to allow customers to register on the checkout page or account page and/or display a returning customer login reminder on the checkout page.
- Customer accounts: Allow customers to generate their username from their customer email, easing the account creation process.
- Automatic passwords: Decide if you want WooCommerce to automatically generate customer passwords for customers.
- One-click refunds: By using the Simplify Commerce, PayPal payment gateway or any other supported gateway, you can offer pain-free refunds to customers.
- Product variables: Select unit weight and dimensions.
- iOS app: Keep your finger on the pulse of your online shop. With WooCommerce iOS, your shop catalog and performance reports are readily available on your iPhone. Quickly accessible and beautifully presented.
EXTENSIONS (paid and free)
- Additional options available: Create custom email templates.
- Other 3rd party service integrations: PickingPal, Stitch Labs, Veeqo and Tradegecko.
Support & Hosting
Outside of their actual product offering with WooCommerce and the extensions available you may be wondering what happens with things like support, web hosting, domain names or even transaction fees – this is the place for that.
- What they support: They provide support for paid products, and are here to provide assistance with installations, configuration and general use.
- How to get support? Support tickets can be created directly within your personal WooCommerce dashboard when you’re logged in. They don’t offer support over social media.
- Support ticket response time? They aim at first-replies within 48hrs.
- WordPress Support: They cannot offer general WordPress support, the best place for this is the WordPress.org forums.
- What about non-Woo products? They are not able to offer support products that are created by people outside of their Partner Network (i.e. 3rd parties selling unofficial WooCommerce extensions). They may even require you to disable non-Woo products installed before they will be able to assist you, as they are often the root-cause of conflicts.
- Customisation: They do not offer customisation on products or support any 3rd party customisations of their products. A customisation is anything that changes the way their products look or function relative to how they make them available.
- Documentation: Each of their products comes with documentation and user-friendly video tutorials to help you with the initial installation and setup. And for more complex questions, we’re just a ticket away.
- Self hosted: WooCommerce works with WordPress – a free self hosted content management system. This means that you retain full ownership of all your own information and can make changes as and when you feel the need.
- Domain name: Choose your own domain name, with your own host. As a self hosted solution, they don’t place any restrictions on your bandwidth or uptime – they rather give you complete control over your online presence.
- Transaction fees: They don’t take a cut of any of your sales – you keep all the money you make selling your products online with WooCommerce.
Frequently Asked Questions
In case you missed anything
If you’ve been through the features list and still have one or two specific questions you think they missed, take a look at their FAQs below to see if we’ve covered it.
- Does WooCommerce support unlimited products? WooCommerce can scale with you as you grow your business. From selling one product to thousands and your first order to your millionth, WooCommerce will be able to scale and ride the wave with you.
- What about storage? They do not host or store any of your files or information. This is dependant on your hosting solution.
- Do you offer 24/7 Phone, Email & Chat support? No, but they do offer support via your My Account / Dashboard.
- Is WooCommerce SEO Optimized? WooCommerce runs on WordPress, recognised in the industry as one of the best platforms for SEO practices. Woo!
- Does it come with a built-in blog? Again, WooCommerce runs on WordPress, recognised in the industry as one of the best blog platforms. Woo!
- Does WooCommerce support ratings & reviews? This can be enabled/disabled in the core WooCommerce settings.
- Are there bandwidth limits with images & videos? As WooCommerce is self-hosted, your bandwidth is limited to your hosting plan.
- Does WooCommerce support API calls? A REST API is built into WooCommerce and can easily be enabled within the WooCommerce settings in your WordPress dashboard, working on a key system to control access linked to WordPress users on your website.
- Do you offer a One-on-One Expert Setup? No, but they do have comprehensive documentation.
- Can I migrate my existing data to WooCommerce? They have set up a number of options should a client wish to migrate from an existing eCommerce platform.
- Does WooCommerce accept any credit cards? By default WooCommerce comes with five pre-installed gateways including: Direct Bank Transfer, Cheque Payment, Cash on Delivery, Credit card payments with PayPal or Credit card payment with Simplify Commerce (available for US only). You can add numerous additional gateways through paid extensions.
- Does WooCommerce have an Abandoned Cart Saver? No, this is not currently a core feature.
- Does WooCommerce automatically recover lost passwords? No, this is not currently a core feature.
- Will my store be a Google Trusted Store? Take a look at their WooCommerce Google Product Feed.
- Does WooCommerce support Datafeed Automation? Take a look at their Zapier extension for WooCommerce.
- Does WooCommerce support selling on Facebook? Take a look at their Facebook tab extension for WooCommerce.
- Can I offer coupons, discounts & gift certificates? WooCommerce core allows you to enable or disable the ability to use coupons within your store.
- Is there a real-time shipping calculator? Yes.
- Can I offer loyalty marketing for my store? There are extensions available to enable that.
- Does WooCommerce allow me to sell everywhere? Yes. Beautifully!
- Does WooCommerce support international transactions? Yes.
- Does WooCommerce have apps for everything? Yes, they have over 300 extensions available for WooCommerce.
- Does WooCommerce offer bank vault-like security? WooCommerce code is audited and secure. Your store is reliant on your hosting solution to be ‘bank vault’ secure.
- Does WooCommerce have reporting options? Sales reports can show both net and gross amounts, we’ve added a print stylesheet, and added extra data on refunds to reports.
- Can I customize my products? Yes.
- Is WooCommerce mobile optimized? WooCommerce core code is mobile friendly. Your stores mobile-friendlness will be dependent on your choice of theme – they recommend taking a look at their Storefront theme.
- Will my WooCommerce store be mobile friendly? Same as above.
- Does WooCommerce take a transaction fee? They don’t take a cut of any of your sales – you keep all the money you make selling your products online with WooCommerce.
- Will I have my own domain name? Choose your own domain name, with your own host. As a self hosted solution they don’t place any restrictions on your bandwidth or uptime – they rather give you complete control over your online presence.
Selecting the Best and Cheap Australia WooCommerce Hosting
There are many hosts out there that will meet the software and server requirements; however, software is only the beginning of the actual list of requirements. You need to find a host that works on high power server hardware, which includes at least 2 CPUs having 4 cores each, adding up to 8 cores. Your hard disk needs to have a RAID 10 configuration with a minimum of 8GB RAM. This will ensure your site’s high speed.
Many people opting for Umbraco hosting tend to believe that the best Umbraco hosting must be expensive. It is agreed that hosting a Umbraco based site will need more resources than the normal HTML one, hence Umbraco hosting being more expensive. Luckily for all of us, this may not be the case all the time. Therefore, we have established this Umbraco review site, which is designed to help you find the best and cheap Umbraco hosting within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ Umbraco hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
DiscountService is designed for personal and small businesses by offering a reliable and affordable WooCommerce hosting plan. Now this company has become the leading shared web hosting provider breaking several records in the hosting industry. They have world class data centers in the Sydney, NSW. In regards to the actual network condition, this company has been keeping a good and reliable record of speed and uptime. According to our testing data, DiscountService.biz uptime far surpasses the guaranteed 99.9%. Their best and cheap WooCommerce hosting is beginning at $7.00/mo.
Every facet of their network infrastructure scales to gigabit speeds with no single point of failure. Since we built it their selves, they made it ideal. They designed the network. They designed the server arrangement from the software to the outer casing. They only use the best servers in the industry. The servers are placed on the data center with world-class facilities, thus ensuring highest performance and reliability. They work tirelessly and around the clock to make sure that your sites stay up, stay fast, and stay supported with the latest in hosting technology.
Their data center is located at Sydney, NSW. Their data centers are built upon a unique pod design concept, making them functionally independent with distinct and redundant resources, and fully integrated through their revolutionary network architecture. You can have direct control over your system in any data center and full access to all of their back-end services—all fully automated and on demand.
DiscountService is one of the best WooCommerce hosting companies recommended by many professional review sites and a large number of webmasters. As a new comer, DiscountService has a very brilliant reputation in the WooCommerce hosting community on the web hosting speed, reliability and technical support of their shared web hosting product. For more detail about best and cheap WooCommerce hosting offer, please visit their site at http://discountservice.biz/Australia-WooCommerce-Hosting
DiscountService.biz is Microsoft No #1 Recommended Windows and ASP.NET Spotlight Hosting Partner in Australia.
Microsoft presents this award to DiscountService.biz for the ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2012, ASP.NET 5 / ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 5 and Visual Studio Lightswitch. For more information, please click here