Best and Cheap DNN 8 Hosting
What is DNN?
DNN (DotNetNuke) is straightforward and easy to learn and use. DNN makes it easy to edit content instantly. The DNN CMS is designed to be adaptable to all types of businesses. Whether you sell products online or not, DNN helps you manage all different types of your website content.
DNN provides a consistent user-interface experience across all administrative fields. Wherever users/managers are updating, editing or creating content, the dashboards are similar, recognizable and easy to navigate.
Another great, yet simple feature provided by DNN is that you are not constantly redirected to new pages as you modify your content. The content editor window pops up in front of the page you are editing. This allows managers/users to view the live content next to the window that they are making changes in.
What is New in DNN 8?
The latest version of DNN is 8.
The following are breaking changes that can impact upgrades as well as third party extensions:
- .NET 4.5.1 or higher is now required
- Removed the following administration modules from the product: Site Log, Newsletters, Vendors & Banners
- Removed the following navigation providers: ASP2Menu, DNNDropDown, DNNMenu, DNNTree, Solpart
- Removed the following functionality/modules: What’s New, Feed Browser, Widget Framework, Getting Started, Content List
- Removed the legacy appSetting connection string (modules that have not updated for this in the past years will now break as a result)
- Moved Telerik controls to a new assembly, requiring third party extension to recompile to continue to work (this is so phase them out completely in the next series of releases)
- Removed support for Internet Explorer 8
The following are updates geared towards extension & theme developers/designers:
- Added Single Page Application (SPA) & MVC module support so developers can create non Webforms based modules
- Released Visual Studio 2015 templates for both types
- Updated module settings API to support strongly typed settings
- Incremental upgrade support now possible via SqlDataProvider, cleanup files and configuration merge files.
- This allows changes to the platform product or third party extensions to be made without requiring a new versioned release
- Extension developers can now create admin and host pages via the manifest (dnn) file
- Added a new control which allows developers to exclude individual CSS and/or JS files from being loaded or combined for minification
- Default.css now has versioning support which can be set by theme designers to limit the amount of CSS they must override in their own designs
- Updated the following third party components to newer versions: CodeMirror, Newtonsoft
- Enhanced DAL 2 to add a fluent configuration API that allows developers to keep their Data implementation details and their Models separate
- Moved to Web API 2.0
- JSON Web Token (JWT) authentication support added to allow developers a way to expose WebAPI services for consumption outside of the framework, such as mobile applications. – BETA
- Added a new image handler that is exposed to developers. Also utilized for profile pictures throughout the application
- Made CK Editor the new default HTML provider in new installations (replacing the Telerik RadEditor as default)
- Extracted all administration modules from the base platform so they can be installed/uninstalled separately
- Added new default theme that makes use of bootstrap 3
- Converted the base project from WSP (Website project) to a WAP (Web application project) to help reduce application startup time
- Added page output caching provider (moved from Evoq)
- Made password reset utilize the same token as long as it isn’t expired (so if the user clicks the send password multiple times quickly, only a single token will be generated)
- Updated password inputs to allow 39 characters instead of 20
- Changed default robots.txt to allow client-side resources to be indexed
- Reviewed and revised the text used throughout the entire application for consistency
- Breadcrumb skin object now outputs schema.org markup
- Corrected problem where some platform functionality injected CSS files too late where they couldn’t be modified by skin.css
- Updated SMTP to support TLS authentication
Why You Shoul You DNN?
So you are researching CMS platforms for your website and came across DNN. Of all the Content Management Systems available, DNN is one of the most mature and stable. DNN is currently in version 7, and the site boasts more than 6 million downloads. The basic framework is free and open source. Lets take a look at some of the reasons why you should use DNN.
DNN’s Community Edition is free. Just because the software is free does not mean it is not loaded with features. For example, Google Analytics is built in. You just add the proper settings in the admin panel, and Google Analytics is up and running. Using Razor scripts was important to me and the Razor Host is a free add-on module. You can find low cost, or even free, add-ons for DNN for just about anything you want to do.
Easy to Customize
You do not need to be a programmer to use DNN, but if you are familiar with programming in the ASP.net framework, you will find DNN especially appealing. The developers at DNN have made the process of developing and installing custom modules quite efficient. There is just a bit of a learning curve, but most of the answers you need can be found in the documentation. If you cannot find your answer there, you will likely find it in the many blogs operated by members of the DNN community. You can create your modules in either C# or Visual Basic.net.
Based on Microsoft .NET framework
DNN is built and runs on .NET so the entire .NET framework is available to your applications.
DNN is Stable
DNN has been around for a long time. As a matter of fact, version 1.0 was released in 2003. You can built a website once on an open-source commerce platform. One day, to your dismay, they closed up shop and vanished. DNN has grown to a level where you have confidence that will not happen.
How to Choose DNN Hosting Provider?
How to choose the best and cheap DNN 8 hosting? Choosing the best and cheap DNN 8 hosting is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the DNN 8 compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this DNN 8 review site, which is designed to help you find the best and cheap DNN 8 hosting within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ DNN 8 hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
Best and Cheap DNN 8 Hosting Provider Recommendation
ASPHostPortal – Budget DNN 8 Hosting
The ASPHostPortal.com’s ASP.NET hosting platform on Windows 2012 and Windows 2008 is compatible with DNN 8 hosting. Of course, you can feel very comfortable with their hosting service. Their best and cheap DNN 8 hosting plan is starting from $5.00/mo only. And with their promo code, you can get free domain too. Not only that, they also offer 30 days money back guarantee. Their servers are 99.99% uptime, it is important think that you need for your DNN site, so your site is never down.
ASPHostPortal.com provides DNN-optimized managed hosting solutions for online merchants of all sizes. Since 2008, they’ve been committed to delivering superior performance, reliability, security, and support to their clients. Every DNN hosting deployment is engineered from the ground up to be responsive, scalable, and cost-effective.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET – Reliable DNN 8 Hosting
UKWindowsHostASP.NET offers DNN 8 hosting. They offer flexible DNN 8 hosting to new as well as existing customers. Given the scale of their environment, they have recruited and developed some of the best talent in the hosting technology that you are using. Their team is strong because of the experience and talents of the individuals who make up UKWindowsHostASP.NET.
HostForLIFEASP.NET – Unlimited DNN 8 Hosting
HostForLIFEASP.NET prides itself in providing web hosting with a rare combination of unmatched reliability, quality and affordability. HostForLIFEASP.NET’s edge is derived through unparalleled company management and a culture of employee driven initiatives. With their fully support on Microsoft Windows and DNN in their Windows Server, HostForLIFEASP.NET is the best choice to host your DNN 8 hosting. They are so confident in their hosting services they will not only provide you with a 30 days money back guarantee, but also they give you a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Their DNN 8 hosting plan is starting from €3.00 /mo.
WindowsASPNETHosting.IN – The Best India DNN 8 Hosting
WindowsASPNETHosting.IN is an advanced web hosting company specializing in DNN hosting solutions. WindowsASPNETHosting.IN combines the fastest, most reliable hardware in the industry with the highest performing infrastructure, to create an optimal environment for hosting DNN sites. Backed by a superior 24/7 customer support team, the WindowsASPNETHosting.IN platform maintains an unsurpassed level of quality, innovation and performance in order to provide customers reassurance that his/her site will be supported by the hardware and resources needed to maximize revenue.
DiscountService.biz – The Best Australia DNN 8 Hosting
DiscountService.biz’s cloud and dedicated web hosting packages offer flexible, fast and secure support for your DNN site hosted in their state of the art Australia data centers. With reliable handling for any volume of traffic their DNN web hosting is fast, dependable and secure.